La Puente Complications of birth injury
Expecting parents in California have a plethora of worries and emotions regarding the birth of a child. Birth injuries are unfortunately one concern that may become a reality through a complication during the labor and birth of a child. While many birth injuries are temporary and have no lasting damage on a child, others are permanent and may not present until a child is in their formative years and symptoms begin to appear.
La Puente Procedures.
Birth injury can sometimes occur through the use of various medical procedures to assist in the birth when a labor is not progressing. They include:
Vacuum extraction uses a metal cup placed on top of the baby’s head, negative pressure is applied to this cup, and the cup is firmly attached. The baby is then pulled out.
Forceps delivery requires the placement of two spoon-shaped head locking metal blades, placed on each side of the fetal head. The mother must continue to push while steady traction is applied to deliver the baby.
Cesarean section is a surgical procedure to deliver a baby through incisions made in the mother’s abdomen and uterus. This procedure is frequently performed when complications could make a normal vaginal delivery too dangerous for the mother, or child during delivery. This method of birth often prevents birth injuries, but does carry risks that include birth injury to newborns in some cases.
La Puente Medical conditions.
Parents should pay close attention to medical terms used to describe a condition of their newborn and realize that the long list of conditions may have something to do with the prenatal care, or the labor and delivery methods utilized to help a mother deliver a baby. Five common conditions include:
- Bell’s Palsy – Temporary form of facial paralysis.
- Cerebral Palsy -Neuromuscular disorders caused by brain damage.
- Shoulder dystocia – One, or both shoulders of an infant become stuck in the mother’s pelvis during delivery.
- Cephalohematoma – Usually a minor complication of delivery where blood collects underneath the periosteum, not underneath the skull bones.
- Birth asphyxia – Birth, or perinatal, asphyxia happens when an infant’s brain and organs fail to receive sufficient amounts of oxygen around birth.
La Puente Necessary damages.
When medical negligence can be proven in accordance with California standards of medical care, compensation may be available to cover compensatory damages that include economic damages for past and future medical expenses, specialized education, modified living spaces, and lost wages; and non-economic damages for pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life. In some cases punitive damages are awarded.
La Puente Birth Injury Attorneys.
California Medical malpractice that results in birth injuries can create a lifetime of serious complications that render individuals and families with heavy physical, emotional, and financial burdens. Consult with a medical malpractice attorney who can have experts review the records, and exam the child to ascertain the extent of the physical damages and any residual effects a birth injury may have caused before initiating legal action. If you need a birth injury attorney visit USAttorneys.com.
- Moorhead Complications of birth injury - February 11, 2021
- Ormond Beach Complications of birth injury - February 10, 2021
- Brea Complications of birth injury - February 9, 2021